While the kids are busy learning all about being kind and putting that into practice, you can be a leading example by showering your family with kindness every day!
Here are some ideas for inspiration.
Things that don’t cost a cent
- Make a list of the needs you see in your family and start praying over them daily
- Give your family extra hugs and kisses throughout the day. Tell them how thankful you are for them and how much you love them.
- Leave your family love notes and notes of affirmation all over the house. Kitchen Table Classroom has some cute printable ones!
- Play board games together
- Read a book with your kids – let them pick
- Turn up the music and dance!
- Sit in the grass and whistle with a blade of grass – show your kids how to do it. Chat for a while about whatever they want to.
- Make a special dinner of all the kid’s favorites
- Use a kind tone, even when frustrated or overwhelmed
- Look through your photo albums together. Share stories of special photos.
- Say “I love you” every chance you get and make sure that they know why.
- Print these colorful lunchbox notes from Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart to tuck into their lunchbox or set beside their lunch plate at home.
- Make cookies, a cake, or another special dessert for your family
- Hop over to Happiness is Homemade to make these adorable Kindness Clips. Clip them everywhere you can think of for your kids to see.
- Take the kids out for a special lunch or dinner
- Spend the afternoon at the park playing on the playground with them
Don't forget to download your free printable list to keep with you!
There's no better teacher than your example. Don't stop at these ideas for showing your kids kindness. Let them see you doing things for others as well! You'll find TONS of ideas on our Random Acts of Kindness Pinterest board.
Today's post is part of my Random Acts of Kindness Every Day Series. If you've missed a segment, you can find them all here.
Have an idea that's not mentioned in our list? Please share in the comments!
This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission. This helps me keep my blog up and running without costing you a penny more! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.