Welcome to the Nerddom!
I’m Michelle, also known as Mrs. Nerfer, and I’m so glad you’re here!
I am wife to the most amazing man on the planet, mama to four fabulous kiddos, and grandma to one rather feisty little redhead. They are my world. I love them all fiercely.
You'll hear me talk about them a lot here in The Nerddom, though rarely by their real names.
- Nerdnerfer (aka Nerdy) - that's the hubby
- Mrs. Nerfer - that's me
- Princess Dork - our 10 year old daughter
- Nerdlet - our 5 year old son
- Nerd Jr. - our 20 year old son
- Dudette - our 23 year old daughter
- Dude - our 23 year old son-in-law
- Grand Dork - our 9 month old grand-daughter
The Nerddom is our life and all that it encompasses. Sometimes sane, most of the time....not so much. It's never boring, that's for certain.
I am the serious one of the bunch. The planner. The reader. Always focused and rarely ever spontaneous. Someone has to keep this bunch on track :).
Nerdy reminds me that I have to lighten up from time to time and have a little fun! We make a great team.
Here in this little corner of the internet you’ll find a place to relax and hopefully laugh a little as you learn about saving money, simplifying, homeschooling, meal planning and lots more.
It is my goal to make this a positive place where you can find ideas and strategies to improve your life, stretch your dollar and live more contented.
A few random facts about me:
- I am a total nerd.
- I have hordes of random, completely useless information stored in my brain that I have been known to share at some of the most ridiculous times (yeah, I am THAT girl).
- I am a total sap - I cry at movies, TV shows, during conversations and even while just thinking about something. I’m not limited to sad cries either....happy, excited, mad....doesn’t really matter.
- I am an absolute introvert.
- I binge watch Netflix - yep, I admit it.
- I read cookbooks.
- I laugh out loud at books (For the Love by Jen Hatmaker....I embarrassed myself reading that one).
- My favorite place to be is home!
- I grew up pretty poor. Like, no heat & air or indoor bathroom poor. When most people read "chamber pots" and "outhouse" in their history books they have no clue.....I do!
- I am the person that reads ALL of the instructions for anything - recipe, project, game, how-to, etc. - before beginning. Told ya I was a nerd.
- I hate politics. Makes me ill.
And please take a moment to subscribe to the newsletter so you'll never miss a thing in The Nerddom!